Friday, September 7, 2012

Venice- Part 2

The plan for today (whew, finally caught up to today!) was a walking tour of Venice that included a demonstration of glass blowing so most of the group went and saw that.  This is the one city Robert and I actually wanted to shop and pick up a few gifts so we opted to go our own way.  As the walking tour would have been pretty tough with the stairs for my grandparents they came with us on a water taxi to Piazza San Marco (the main square) to do some shopping.  We strolled to have coffee at the oldest coffee house in Europe called Florian which many famous people have had coffee over the years including being a well known favorite of Charles Dickens- and it was one good cup of coffee.
After coffee Robert and I took a walk to find the one Burano specialty stores within Venice.  Robert describes the lady who ran the establishment as just the nicest lady as she helped him pick up just the right pieces.  When we joined back up with grandma and grandpa we sat down to lunch to finally have some Risotto which was wonderful at a restaurant in the St Marks square.  I even found a beautiful necklace for my mom to complete her birthday present.  I was almost disappointed about one thing in Venice and that was I really wanted a nice quality mask from Venice, as the best store we could find that I could tell the masks were made in Italy and not China was closed the first few times we checked.  But after lunch I gave it one more try and got lucky as it had just opened.  Robert and I found many new treasures there before walking back to the boat.














No comments:

Post a Comment